I will be defending my dissertation this summer (time to buckle down...) and look forward to starting at NYU in the Fall. (As an added bonus of this exciting position, I will be able to continue cycling from Fort Greene to the East Village all the time!)
Thoughts (sociological and geographical)
on urban space, identity, culture, and design.
May 7, 2014
Exciting News
After a long year on the academic 'job market' I'm thrilled to say that I have accepted a position at New York University's Institute for Public Knowledge as a postdoctoral research fellow. I'll be joining an interdisciplinary team of researchers at the Institute, led by Eric Klinenberg. In particular, I'll be helping with the ongoing Rebuild by Design project, a massive and multifaceted policy, planning, and research initiative formed last year in response to the effects of Hurricane Sandy. I'm stoked to be able to continue my research agenda of studying the relationship between local culture and identity to the urban planning and development process through new scholarship of my own and on Rebuild by Design.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment